Just like our phones, our home are becoming smart. To make them smart they are being fitted with:
- smart switches
- smart lights
- smart Locks
These once normal household devices are being made smart by connecting them together over a network, and then to the Internet.
Because most Homes built today aren’t smart they will be made smart incrementally,by adding smart devices to solve present day problems
Perhaps you might need to install a security system, so you install a smart security system.
Later you want to integrate it with your lights so you install a smart lighting system.
In order to do this you will need a basic understanding of home networking and common home networking devices, how they work, and what functions they provide.
About This Site
The aim of this site is to help you :
- Learn and understand Home Networking basics
- Understand how these smart devices connect to each other and how they work.
- Understand the technology and protocols found in a smart home.
- Solve common home networking and home automation network problems.
In order to build a smart home you will need to understanding how to setup a home network and how it works. – See Smart Home Networking
- Basic Home Networking Course
- Internal and External IP Addresses
- What is Dynamic DNS (DDNS)? -and Why Use It?
- Beginners guide to home Automation
If you have any questions please ask
Best Regards Steve