Almost all homes currently have an Home networks that connects our computers and other devies to the Internet.
However just like our phones, our home are becoming smart. To make them smart they are being fitted with:
- smart switches
- smart lights
- smart Locks
These once normal household devices are being made smart by connecting them together over the home network, and then to the Internet.
Because most Homes built today aren’t smart they will be made smart incrementally,by adding smart devices to solve present day problems
Perhaps you might need to install a security system, so you install a smart security system.
Later you want to integrate it with your lights so you install a smart lighting system.
However will these devices work on your existing network? Will you need addition networking equipment?
In order to do this you will need a basic understanding of home networking and common home networking devices, how they work, and what functions they provide.
About This Site
Personally I’m not into gadgets and so I will not be doing product reviews on smart home or networking products.
Although there are those who will simply contact a smart home networking company and have it installed for them there are may who will take the DIY approach.
For those taking the DIY approach the aim of this site is to help you :
- Learn and understand Home Networking basics
- Understand how these smart devices connect to each other and how they work.
- Understand the technology and protocols found in a smart home.
- Solve common home networking and home automation network problems.
Whether you are taking the DIY approach or just wanting to get familiar with the technology and products you will need to understand how to setup a home network and how it works. – See Smart Home Networking
- Basic Home Networking Course
- Internal and External IP Addresses
- What is Dynamic DNS (DDNS)? -and Why Use It?
- Beginners guide to home Automation
If you have any questions please ask
Best Regards Steve